justvivian

Quirky Musings

(but mostly stupid ones)

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout I know that when going into a book, you shouldn't let other reviews and opinions affect you, but when I first began, I really really wanted to dislike this book.

I'm not going to get touchy with anything like copying or stealing ideas or shit but I can literally feel the Vampire Academy vibes coming out of this. I went into this book wanting to dislike it, knowing that it was going to be something of a carbon copy or something. But I can't dislike it.

Reading this book is way too fun.

I'm been reading too many dirty gaymances lately (LOL), I've decided read a YA for the first time in ages and I'm enjoying myself waaayy too much.

I would be the first one to admit that the similarities between Half-Blood and Vampire Academy are uncanny. But nevertheless, I still enjoyed myself a lot.

Ever since I first read Vampire Academy, I've had something of a love affair with it. I absolutely adore it. When reading Half-Blood I can't help thinking I'm sort of cheating on it you know. . . One, because it's so similar and I enjoyed myself quite a lot.

I'm interested in how this whole thing will play out, and I will probably read the second book, but right now, it's not really that much of a priority. Hell, it's not even going to be on my to-read list.

Anyway, this book is recommended for those who enjoy Vampire Academy (and can stand the whole near-carbon-copy thing going on), and those who just enjoy the paranormal YA genre in general.